Goal: Minecraft is a multiplayer game about placing blocks in a 3-D environment, includes modifications (known as “mods”) written in Java that can alter the game. The attendees learn how to create a variety of Minecraft mods using Forge and Bukkit. The workshop will also talk about hosting Bukkit servers.
With Forge, the following mods are typically created:
- Bigger TNT explosions
- Zombie drop diamonds
- Change say, hurt, and death sounds of different entities
- Snow golems make ice
- New smelting recipe
- Furnace cooking faster
- New crafting recipe
- Making pigs fly
Depending upon the time, we may do show-and-tell.
Duration: Can be customized from 3-7 hrs
Age group: 9+ years
Expenses: Optional donation to Devoxx4Kids USA
- Facility to accommodate the workshop.
- Classroom style seating, round table work too.
- Project for the presenter.
- Power cords for presenter and attendees.
- Each attendee must have a laptop – only Windows or Mac.
- No prior programming experience is required for the attendees.
- Attendees should know how to type and copy/paste across different files.
- No Internet connection is required for the Forge workshop, but is required for Bukkit workshop. Make sure the required software (mentioned below) is downloaded otherwise it’ll be a bandwidth/time hog.
Follow the video below for detailed download/setup instructions:
And follow the tutorial: