Applying software programming concepts to robotics is also a fun way for children to learn computer science in general and to get them introduced to the Internet of things.
Children are faced with another type of computer interface: a Robot.
They need to :
- think about all possible cases when programming a robot,
- reuse already developed modules,
- structure their program even more,
- learn how to programatically interact with all the robot’s sensors (something else than just a mouse of keyboard)
- learn how to interact with services available on the Internet to enhance the functionalities of the robot and make it even more smarter.
At Devoxx4Kids we use mainly 2 type of robots:
|NAO Humanoid Robot|