Minecraft Modding (ages 10-18)
Minecraft is a multi-player game about building and placing blocks in a three-dimensional environment. The game allows modifications (known as “mods”) that can change the game from what it was originally written. These mods can add content to the game to alter gameplay. For example, new blocks, mobs, and abilities of player can be added. Have you always wondered what it takes to write these mods? This brand new workshop is for you! In this workshop we’ll teach the kids on how to build Minecraft mods using Forge 1.7.10. Parents can observe from back of the room and are required to stay through out the duration of workshop.
|8:00 AM – 9:00 AM||Early Check-In for Software Install Help|
|9:00 AM – 10:00 AM||Check In|
|10:00 AM – 12:30 PM||Minecraft Workshop|
- Each attendee must have a laptop (Windows or Mac only).
- At least 1GB of free disk space. If the laptop only has that much space, highly recommend freeing up some space for a better performance.
- 4GB of RAM would work, but 8GB is recommended. Higher memory will work, of course!
- One registration will allow one child to participate. Parents are required to stay at the facility for the entire duration of the workspace and may observe from back of the room. There is wifi at the venue and so you may consider bringing your favorite device(s) to stay connected.
- Your meetup fees will cover the cost of a limited edition Devoxx4Kids t-shirt for the attendee.
- Attending this meetup means you agree to our waiver. Also see our Attendee Code of Conduct.
- No refunds/exchanges.
Driving North Central College is located off of Chicago Avenue right before you enter Downtown Naperville. Heading east on Chicago Avenue, take a right on to Loomis Street. Parking is street parking around the North Central College campus. Harold and Eva White Activites Center The Harold and Eva White Activities Center is on the corner of Benton Avenue and Loomis Street. The conference is on the second floor in the Fireside and Banquet rooms. If you enter from Benton Avenue, turn left after you enter through the doors and take the stairs up. The conference is on your left. More info at: http://northcentralcollege.edu/content/campus-map